The report aims to share Allianz’s experience in how to design, deliver and scale sustainable microinsurance products and to help set the right course for next steps.
The report is structured by the five steps of a learning process:
- Idea: What is microinsurance?
- Design: How do we create products for low-income people?
- Operations: How can we deliver on what we promise?
- Sales: How can we convince our customers?
- Growth: How can we be profitable and gain scale?
Each chapter features an in-depth case study of Allianz microinsurance engagement in India, Indonesia and several countries in Africa. In addition, background information and expert interviews provide an overview of the sector to date and its developments.