We enable inclusive system innovation in four priority areas. Building on latest technologies, we work with key actors to prototype future systems – today. We discover opportunities, bring the right actors together, design solutions and co-create them on the ground with our partners.
Inclusive system innovation
All systems work. If we do not like the outcomes, we have to reconfigure them.
We understand systems as the networks of interconnected, interdependent actors who collectively create the way we produce and consume food, energy, health, mobility etc.. By changing the way these actors interact, and their incentives, we can change the results.
Inclusive system innovations are reconfigurations that deliver better outcomes for people and planet. Our approach to creating them is also inclusive, actively involving players from diverse background.
The Global Goals
Our framework for action are the Sustainable Development Goals. Adopted by all 193 member states of the in 2015, these 17 goals provide a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. The 2030 agenda underlines the interconnectedness of sustainability challenges, and the need for collaboration to achieve “The Future We Want”.
The Global Goals call for transformative change and inclusive system innovation. We provide concrete tools to get there.
As we work to transform systems through collaboration, we draw on a set of cross-cutting enablers. Keeping an eye on these topics makes sure that solutions are truly future-fit:
- Circular economy and regenerative models ensure resources are maintained and even enriched, not depleted.
- Opportunities for young people, through jobs and entrepreneurship, contribute to peace and prosperity.
- Understanding women’s roles in business and the society and awareness of gender biases contribute to equal opportunities.
- Social enterprise business models introduce hybrid approaches that take the best from the private, public and non-profit worlds.
- Business ecosystems, including targeted policies, shape the solution space.