Endeva e.V. is looking for a junior analyst for the ii2030 green hydrogen edition! Who wants to join us?
- 7 months starting November 2022
- Full-time employment (5 days per week – 38 hours)
- Remote or in Berlin
About Endeva e.V.
Endeva e.V. is a independent and interdisciplinary non-profit association. The association aims to promote sustainable development in developing and emerging countries and research on this topic. The association’s purpose is realised through practice-oriented projects, research, and knowledge transfer. To this end, the association cooperates with public and private sector organisations in Germany and internationally.
This includes the following missions:
- Writing and publishing studies on models of sustainable development in developing countries, especially concerning poverty reduction, climate change and resource conservation
- Organisation and implementation of knowledge and technology transfer events for scientists and practitioners (conferences, seminars, workshops) on opportunities and challenges of sustainable development in developing and emerging countries.
- Development and implementation of concrete projects in various fields ranging from education, health, and agriculture, or the supply of essential goods such as water, electricity and housing.
About the project
Endeva e.V. will implement a new edition of the Inclusive Innovation 2030 (ii2030) initiative on the topic of green hydrogen in Africa in collaboration with the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the “Internationale Gesellschaft für Zusammenarbeit” (GIZ).
ii2030 facilitates the smart, effective and efficient use of technology to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through a systems change approach. Essentially, it is an initiative process that brings together a curated group of participants to co-create solutions that enable technology to better help us achieve the SDGs at scale.
For this new edition of ii2030, Endeva e.V. will organize and implement research, online consultations and an in-person workshop in Namibia. The market research for green hydrogen will focus on Kenya, Namibia and South Africa but will also scan the ecosystem of start-ups on the whole continent.
- Conduct desk research and analyze findings from literature and interviews on green hydrogen and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Support the technical facilitation and moderations of workshops
- Support the documentation of learnings and framing of workshop outputs
- Support the team on project related organizational tasks such as meeting planning, note taking, CRM, social media.
- A degree in a relevant field (e.g. economics or business studies, policy or development studies, social science)
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and French
- Very good research and analytical skills
- Experience in Kenya/Namibia/South Africa or other relevant African countries
- Experience in energy transition, digital economy or green hydrogen are a strong advantage
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Eager to take on responsibility in a team and work independently
- Flexibility, reliability, critical thinking, open communication, team player, good humour
- German work permit
We offer financial compensation for this full-time junior position as well as a great learning experience in a highly motivated and dynamic team.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short letter of motivation by October, 12th to: Claudia Knobloch, firstname.lastname@example.org
Endeva is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability.